Need a little motivation to get off the sofa this January? Fear not, we have a plan!
At Crewroom HQ, we often find ourselves looking out the window and taking in the view of the Thames when we need a little inspiration, with everything from new product ideas to what we might fancy for lunch. So, when we were hatching a plan to make the most of our daily exercise allowance during lockdown – the tideway, as always, floated our boat.
Putney is our home and it’s also home to a famous little Boat Race you may have heard of which covers a distance of 4 miles and 374 yards – all the way from Putney Bridge to Chiswick Bridge. So, what better inspiration for a new challenge!
It's the distance that counts folks and you can complete it on land or water, somewhere that's local to you and only as part of your daily exercise allowance. The important thing is to always stay local and stay safe...
Here’s how it works…
- Complete 4 miles and 374 yards in one continuous exercise route either by foot, bike, paddleboard, canoe or scull – basically, self-propelled!
- We’re in lockdown, so although this is the distance you need to cover, make sure you stay local to complete the challenge, wherever that may be, always adhering to social distancing and government guidelines. Just to be clear, you should complete 4 miles and 374 yards somewhere that's local to you, it's the distance that counts.
- Join the Crewroom Strava Club here and log your route/distance before 5pm on 31st January 2021.
- Share your Strava routes with us on Twitter and Instagram. Be sure to tag us @crewroom and use these hashtags: #crewmunity #enjoytheelements
- Every participant who logs their journey on the Crewroom Strava Club will be sent a Crewroom ProJump Skipping Rope worth £15.
- And, if that’s not enough, every participant will be entered into a prize draw* to win a winter kit bundle which includes a North West Hoodie, Fuel Winter Leggings and Elements Baselayer.
- Stay local, stay safe and have fun.
*Terms and conditions
- The promoter is Crewroom (JKUK Sports Ltd) Company Number 04007585 whose registered office is at Embankment Studios, Putney SW15 1LB.
- This Competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, except employees of Crewroom, and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- All information detailing how to enter this Competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- To enter the competition, participants must log their exercise route (4 miles and 374 yards) on the Crewroom Strava Club here.
- All entries must be logged by the advertised closing time and date.
- Only one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- The winning entry will be selected at random. The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition.
- The winner will receive a Crewroom Kit Pack which includes a North West Hoodie, Fuel Leggings and Elements Baselayer.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash. Lost or stolen prizes cannot be refunded.
- The winner may be required to take part in publicity.
- The winner’s name and county may be disclosed to anyone who writes within one month after the published closing date, stating the date of publication and enclosing a stamped addressed envelope, to Crewroom, The Embankment Studios, Putney SW15 1LB.
- The prizes as described are available on the date of publication. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Events may occur that render the Competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the Competition and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- The Promoter (Crewroom) is responsible for the publication and adjudication of the competition.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail. Promoter Crewroom (JKUK Sports Ltd), Embankment Studios, Putney SW15 1LB.