If one of your new year’s resolutions is to burn off the Christmas calories and get fit in 2016 we can help point you in the right direction.
Store Manager, Emily Carpenter, and Northcote Store Manager, Tiina Mielon, have been testing out a range of classes in an around London so, in her latest instalment, here’s Emily’s top tips this month.
Warrior Training with Paul Uncanfitness
Who wouldn't want to be trained by an ironman? Find your inner warrior with Paul's innovative training session which combats strength and endurance and is functional for all sports. We find warrior training a great release and ideal for boosting those endorphins, especially when you’re wielding the hammer at a tyre!
- We tried: Warrior training on Saturday at 9:30am
- Cost: £7 a session, drop in (no need to book)
- Workout: Strength and aerobic endurance
- What you need: Kit for training outside. I hear Crewroom are good for that!
- We suggest: Mesh Backdraft Top and Nightfall leggings. Icefall leggings with a Backdraft Top.
One Element with Tom
If you want to see results, One Element and their ‘social fitness club’ is a great way to kick off the New Year. Tom and his team run sessions which involve sprints with interval full body strengthening exercises to increase lean muscle and burn fat. A really cohesive group of people means you'll get motivated and stuck into the session. For a taster of the exercises you can expect see the clip below.
- We tried: Monday and Wednesday 7:30-8:30pm at Wandsworth Park and Wandsworth Common
- Cost: from £23 per month
- Workout: Aerobic and anaerobic fitness, core strength
- What you need: Studded training boots for the rainy sessions
Tom’s also launched a great new ‘reset’ plan for 2016 designed to help you energise, lose weight and sleep better, checkout more here.