It’s not too much longer until Spring arrives, the days are longer and Putney embankment comes alive with the buzz of Head Races when hundreds of competitors from around the country and Europe compete along a 6.8km (4.25 miles) stretch of the Thames. And, of course, Putney also hosts the famous Oxford and Cambridge University Boat Races, where the embankment swells full of spectators, creating an exciting riverside atmosphere.
As always, the doors at Crewroom will be open for the upcoming Tideway events, so pop by to check out our latest retail products instore (next to Imperial College Boat House). For rowers out there, don’t forget that Head Races are a little earlier this year so be sure to get your team orders in asap. If you still require kit for WHORR, please call our Rowing Account Manager, James, asap on 020 8877 3888.
Dates for your diary
- Wednesday, 18th March: School’s Head of the River, 12.30pm start
- Saturday, 7th March: Women’s Eights Head of the River, 2.30pm start
- Saturday, 21st March: Head of the River Race, 2.45pm start
- Sunday, 22nd March: Vesta Veteran’s International Eights Head of the River, 3pm start
- Sunday, 29th March: The Women’s Boat Race, 3.44pm start
- Sunday, 29th March: The Men’s Boat Race, 4.44pm start
NB: Head race start times are provisional and may vary slightly due to tide times.